11.02.2008

Colorado-Bound



Well I thought we should post a quick update to let everyone know that our plans for after graduation in April are starting to take shape. This week I called to accept an offer for a summer internship at McGladrey & Pullen, a public accounting firm located in downtown Denver. It marks the end of a lot of recruiting events that I am glad to be done with, and it means we'll be moving out to Colorado sometime in middle to late May. I am really excited about the people I'll be working with, and this firm is really good about letting you balance work with other life priorities, a luxury not usually afforded in the "Big 4" accounting environment. I'll be doing audit work on middle market clients, typically private companies or smaller publically-traded companies in the greater Denver area.

I'm also in the process of applying to the Masters of Accounting program at Colorado State University, with the only thing lacking being the GMAT exam that I'll take in a few weeks. I would start the program after my internship this summer, go to school for two semesters and be done by June 2010. Ideally, the internship would lead to a full-time job offer after I'm done with school.

Amy and I didn't carve any pumpkins for I think the third year in a row, but we did go to our friends' party dressed up as The Sunmaid Raisin Lady and BYU Quarterback Max Hall. We made lots and lots of Mom's pumpkin chocolate-chip and Bruce's famous chocolate-chip and butterscotch cookies and delivered them to our friends close by. We are really excited about the future additions to each of our families, congratulations Jon & Nicole and Cody & Jamie!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Hey Jeff! This is Tricia, one of Amy's friends of old! I just had to comment on Amy's costume- how perfect!! Seriously, what a fun idea. I will definitely think of her the next time I eat a raisin!!

larsen family said...

Congratulations on the internship decision! It's hard to make that "leap" into adulthood and real responsibility, but it sounds like you made a good decision. Good luck with the GMAT--we'll be crossing our fingers for you! BTW, where's the pic of you dressed up as Max Hall?

Hooper Family said...

Since you will be living in Denver, does that mean you will come visit us now? It is only 12 hours or so!!