7.15.2009

Intern Capstone Conference

Near the midpoint of my internship at end of June, the firm flew all the interns out to Chicago for a Capstone Conference at the Q Center in St. Charles, an hour or so west of the city. We listened to a lot of guest motivational speakers ("You are the future!") and broke up into teams for a video/podcast/presentation contest. My team did a video, and while the results were fairly unimpressive, I think I did a pretty good job editing the thing given the time constraints. My more creative ideas fell on deaf ears (the number of Anchorman and Beer Pong references between all the videos was an ironic and nauseating commentary on our generation), but it was a fun process overall. The theme of the conference was "Map Your Future" and the objective, I guess, was to point us in the right direction as we start our careers, ideally with McGladrey. I saw the Sears Tower and Wrigley Field from the plane, but that's the closest I got... hope to make it out to Chicago again someday.

Think of each of these pictures as Where's Waldo? and then try to find me in each one. Here's a clue for you: Y the long cranium?