11.29.2010

Austin's REAL 1st Birthday: Part II


Austin's #1 Lion cake! 
The cake didn't rise, and I couldn't get it out of the pan... Didn't look as good as I'd hoped, but still tasted pretty good!
Mesmerized by the candle
Barely touched the cake - there is the tiniest bit of chocolate on his finger.
Our friend, Kim, helping Austin get into the spirit of digging into your birthday cake... or not.
Stay away from me, lady!
I asked nicely.  Please keep that stuff away from me!
I thought Mom liked me. Why is she trying to feed it to me too?
Watch it, he's gonna blow!

Needless to say, Austin did not care for his birthday cake.  We tried putting his favorite snacks in the cake so he'd get a taste, but he wouldn't even touch the tainted treats.  We also tried putting frosting on his sippy cup - he gagged.  Oh well.  Our child prefers vegetables over cake.  Maybe next year we'll try carrot cake?
 Playing with his new drum after the cake drama
He really did have a good birthday, at least for part of it!
Happy 1st Birthday Little Buddy!

1 comment:

The Mitchell Family said...

He is sooooooo like his daddy!!