11.02.2011

Happy 2nd Bday Austin!

 We had an early birthday celebration at my parents house.
 Austin had a great time with his cousins
 He got this cool little motorcycle! 
 Austin found our stash of gifts the day before his birthday and helped himself to one.  Inside was his first pillowcase from California Grandma!  He loves it and points out the owls and pumpkins.
 I got a little ambitious this year with his birthday cake.  I made a firetruck cake with surrounding fire cupcakes.  I used two boxes of cake mix!  We definitely should've scaled it down because we barely made it through half of this cake over a 1 week period!
 I think it turned out really cute.  Austin thought it was pretty cool too - even though he didn't eat any of it.


 "I see two fires!" 
Austin successfully blew out his candles and asked to blow out more "fires" for the few days following his birthday.
We had 5 other kid-O's there along with their parents.  It was a great time!

1 comment:

larsen family said...

I can't believe how old Austin looks now! Looks like he had a fun birthday. Great job on the cake Amy!