Jeff and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary this month and spent the weekend in Glenwood Springs! We went back to a bed and breakfast (The Bed and Breakfast on Mitchell Creek) that we spent one day at as newly weds.
Jeff found a Groupon for an Adventure Park in Glenwood so we spent a day on top of a mountain going on rides and touring the caves.
This swing was our favorite ride. It hung you out over the cliff and turned you nearly upside down. We rode it 3 times during our day trip and I was feeling rather queezy by the time we left. It was a lot of fun - definitely a ride that was unlike anything else I've been on.
Beautiful caves. It was crazy for me to think that these stalactites and stalagmites were 25,000-30,000 years old!
On our way back down the mountain we stopped for a hike to Hanging Lake. It was a short, yet heart-pounding hike as it was a steep climb almost the entire time. It was beautiful and nice to get into nature!
The lake looks very shallow from this angle, but out on that log it looks much deeper. :)
Spouting Rock
Austin played with my parents and lots of cousins over the weekend. He seemed to have a good time - Most of the time I don't think he realized we were gone. :)
Overall, it was a great break and much-needed get-away. Happy 5th, Sweets!
1 comment:
You look so fabulous! I miss your face so much. Congrats on your fifth!
Post a Comment