5.23.2011

Mr. Chatterbox


Last month at Austin's 18-month appointment our pediatrician told us that Austin should be saying 10-15 words.  I chuckled and told her he was well past 30 words. 

Instead of a baby book I have kept a calendar in Austin's room so I can write things down quickly as he does something new.  I document a knew word nearly every day. 

Here's a handful of words that Austin says these days (pronunciation is obviously not perfect, but these are words he says regularily and on his own - not just repeating what we say):

this; no; uh-oh; up; down; go; moo; maa; baa; dada; mama; papa; Kaka (Uncle Kelsey's nickname coined by Taylor many years ago); ouch; all done; keys; more; shoes; ball; ashes, ashes; apple; crash; hat; cat; dog; sheep; duck; quack; yee-haw; choo choo; car; cup; goose; gone; gosh; juice; chip; turtle; sun; zip; apples all gone; Cooper; egg; poop; stuck; purse; spit; push; I want this (I this); I go in there (I goin nare); fish; flower; baby; sad; stairs; wash; nose; foot; hands; eyes; whale; heavy; people; kick; chimes; I dance; Jesus; truck; tractor; drums (booms); trash; clothes; cookies; cracker; hot; bath; bubble; water; off; book; socks; mix; pants; star.....

Just to name a few I've remembered to write down!  It's been fun to see what new things he does and says everyday.  He is such a little boy!

2 comments:

larsen family said...

Wow, I don't know what is more impressive-how smart Austin is or how old he looks now! I can't wait to see him next month!

The Mitchell Family said...

I understand that he knows how to end a lengthy church meeting too. It'll be so fun to see him and all the other chillin's (that's a Grandma Draperism)next month!