12.01.2011

Fourteen, Fourteen, Fourteen!!

Austin has been such a hoot the last few days. He talks SO much and has so much personality that I have a hard time keeping myself from just sitting and watching him play all day.
 At King Soopers (a local grocery store) they have a mechanical horse you can ride for a penny.  Austin doesn't care much to ride the horse, but he does like to say hello and goodbye to it on our way out.  Last week the horse was broken.  I told Austin the horse was broken and probably feeling sick.  This week the horse was fixed and Austin excitedly shouted, "The horsey is all better!"  I'd even forgotten that it was broken the week prior and was surprised that Austin had remembered.  What a smarty.  Throughout the remainder of the day Austin continued to reassure me that "the horsey at the grocery store is all better."
We hung a string of Christmas lights around Austin's window for the holidays.  He loves having them on and telling us all of the colors he sees.  Today before nap I was changing his diaper and he started counting the lights.  He counted, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14!"   I guess counting to 10 is not so exciting anymore - time to move on!

3 comments:

The Mitchell Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mitchell Family said...

Can't wait to see him -- can you teach him to count to 18 (the number of days until we get there)?

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

He's so stinkin cute!!!! I wish we had a penny pony! My girls love them and ours are all .50 or 1.00!