Long story semi-short:
We bought a 15-year old pink house. It was vacant for 12+ months and had been egged by teenage hooligans. The garage door was super nasty and had stripping paint along the base where water had collected. We've wanted to paint it since moving in. After 2 days of hard work (by VivaxPro Painting... there is no way we were going to tackle this mess ourselves) and some $$ we now have a beautiful dark gray house that looks super sharp and brand new! People we've never met have already come by to tell us how nice it looks. The neighbors are probably as excited as we are. :)
The outside of the house was not something I regularly photographed, so here are as many 'before' pictures as I could find.
Yard and back of house the day we saw it with our realtor (Feb 2011)
Here you can see the egg splatter on the garage door and the chipping paint at the bottom.
This past winter...
The house does not look as pink in pictures as it did in person - but trust me, it was pretty pink.
The trim on the back of the house is the same color as the body...
Not any more!
I love how much bigger the windows look now that they are accented against the house.
We have new light fixtures we still need to put up... get rid of the broken gold ones.
Our freshly stained deck (yes, the 2nd coat is finally done) looks even nicer up against the new paint!
Red door. :)
It took Austin a couple days to discover this.
"Mommy, our door isn't blue anymore. It's RED! Let's go touch it."
He'll stop what he's doing just to go touch the red door. Funny kid.
We had them extend the trim color to the soffits (underside of the trim connecting to house). It gives a much brighter, and bolder look. No one in our neighborhood has this done so I love that it makes our house a little extra unique! ;)
We chose a dark charcoal gray, almost black, for the small facia trim and diamonds. So sharp!
And last, but not least... no more nasty garage door! Hooray!









5 comments:
It looks great! It's like a whole new house, and looks defintely more updated.
The house looks awesome you guys! I love the color.
I love it! Great paint choices!! Totally makes the house look newer and nicer. Oh and by the way, I learned the other day that a red door is good luck, in China? I think China... guess I didn't really learn anything. ;) Anyway, it looks great!
Your house looks great Amy! I love the color that you chose. You guys have totally given the whole place a complete face-lift and it looks great!
That last comment was actually from Kim E. and not Nate. Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment