So, I decided as much as I am enjoying having new 'dinner' meals it's already getting a little old after only seven weeks... Not a good sign if I'm going to make it to 52! We really enjoy breakfast for dinner so I thought I would start including other types of recipes to my 'new meals' goal.
Blueberries were on sale last week so I bought a bunch and froze them. I love to eat frozen fruits and veggies... and tater tots (Jeff thinks I'm crazy) so I've been munching on frozen blueberries all week. This morning I figured I'd better make something with them so Jeff could enjoy some too before they are gone. I've had the hankerin' for some blueberry muffins so I pulled out my trusty Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook to find a simple recipe.
I found a basic muffin recipe that provided instructions on how to add various items like poppy seed, blueberries, cheese, etc and how to adjust the recipe if necessary. Perfect! I whipped these puppies up with half whole wheat and half white flour and had them done just in time for Jeff to go to work. We thought they were simple and tasty, and a nice way to change up breakfast.
http://mcmitchells.blogspot.com/2012/02/fast-muffins.html
Hospital stay and Halloween
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment