In June I hosted Book Club for the ladies from church. We read Divergent by Veronica Roth. This was the second time I'd read the book and I would read it again in a heartbeat. I went a little overboard with food, but I just couldn't help myself. There are 5 factions (communities/groups of people) in the book: Abnegation, Amity, Erudite, Candor, and Dauntless. Throughout the book the author describes each faction and mentions what color of clothing they wear and occasionally, what kind of food they eat. This sparked the idea for me to make either the food that a particular group ate, or food that represented the color of their clothing.
There was a ton of food... well worth the preparation.
(Unfortunately I forgot to bring out the camera while people were actually present. I'm pretty sure everyone had a good time.) :)(Jeff thoroughly enjoyed the leftovers of this chocolate zucchini cake. He even said he wanted it for his birthday. Good thing zucchini is in season... we'll be making this again in a couple of weeks! Yum...)
3 comments:
Amy that looks really great! Looks like you guys have a fun book club group. Way to go all out it turned out great.
Thanks Kim! Hey, I know you've invited me to view your blog, but for whatever reason I can't. Can I get another invite when you get the chance? acmitchell13@gmail.com
Hmm, I've never heard of this book. I may just have to check it out at the library.
Post a Comment