5.25.2008

Primary President

A few weeks ago I was released as the Relief Society pianist, and called as the new Primary President!! We are in a married student ward and do not have an actual "Primary." I was confused because I knew we had a nursery and no Primary and wondered if a few of the kids were reaching Primary age. I could only think of a few kids that could possibly be getting close to "Sunbeam" age and wondered if the Bishopric was setting up a Primary Presidency for just a few kids. Last Sunday the stake expanded our ward boundaries and said we'd be getting some new families in our ward. This made my calling make more sense because I figured there must be some older kids in the new families our ward was gaining that would need to go to Primary. Well, this Sunday (today) Bishop told me to "go in" and see how things were done this week. Turns out that the Nursery IS the Primary!! So, I and the 3 other girls that I asked to be in the presidency are now the nursery leaders... as are our husbands! I'm a bit relieved because it won't be as extensive as I was anticipating having to start our ward off with their first ever Primary. Today there were 7 kids and I had a lot of fun. We didn't know if Jeff was supposed to come with me today or not, but now that we know he will be joining me in nursery. I think his favorite part will be snack time: gold fish and raisins. I really am excited to have this new calling and get to play with and teach the kids. I think Jeff will be great too. He's great with children.

1 comment:

Hooper Family said...

Good luck with your calling! It will be great experience for both of you. I would love to see Jeff working in the nursery!!