This is fairly old news, but in March I attended the CNBAM (College Newspaper Business & Advertising Managers) convention in San Antonio with four co-workers from the Daily Universe. It was a three-day conference at the ho

tel, with workshops and speakers discussing how to effectively run a college newspaper. Nothing terribly exciting. The city of San Antonio, however, is a very cool place to visit. And I never thought I would say that about anywhere or anything having to do with Texas. We took a boat ride down the Riverwalk, which is a partially man-made river winding through the city with some very cool architecture and lots of restaurants and stores and stuff. The Mexican food there was fantastic, but the steakhouse we ate at was a little overrated in my mind. I learned that you can see everything there is to see in San Antonio in about a day. The atmosphere there with the Final Four happening the next week was pretty exciting for me. And most people we met were really nice. The Alamo was smaller than I expected, and it reminded me of visiting the Spanish missions in California.





2 comments:
Looks like fun! I don't think I knew that you went to San Antonio. I've heard that's a neat city. BTW, were all of your travel companions female? Too bad you couldn't take Amy with you!
"The stars at night are big and bright."
(clap clap clap clap)
"Deep in the heart of Texas."
Welcome to the blogosphere. We should be blog friends, man.
Post a Comment