7.10.2008

1 Year Anniversary



Jeff and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary almost a month ago on June 13th! He gave me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, we went out to dinner and a movie and came home to our frozen cake top! Yes, we saved the top of our wedding cake, mummified in the freezer for an entire year. After it had thawed all day we unwrapped it and hoped for a decent tasting treat. To our surprise it was delicious! Almond-poppyseed, yummy. The frosting was great too and even had some of the scrolling left on the surface. I found the flower arrangement that topped it and put it back in the cake for a few pictures. Here are some pictures from the wedding cake 1 year ago and the cake as it stood so beautifully on our anniversary. (We did not smash it in each other's faces this year) Happy Anniversary last month Jeffrey!! I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

larsen family said...

Congrats to making through the first year! Hopefully you didn't find too many peculiarities about each other that you didn't already know. I'm glad that you were able to actually eat the top of your wedding cake--we tried to eat ours too but it was pretty nasty and freezer-burned (sorry Mom).

Hooper Family said...

I can't believe it's been a year already! Glad you had a great anniversary. We are excited to see you in a couple of weeks!